Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Entering the 21st century

 From the Realm of the Dragonlords

 (and the mundane life of Joanne Bertin)

 

After a lot of urging, I've decided that, yes, it's time to start a blog.  I'm not certain just what I'll be writing about; most of the time I don't like to discuss works in progress or even if I have something going.

But certain folks think some of you will be amused by things that happen around here--I sure hope so!

 So what's going on now:  Sam and I are still on our little "farm", our son is closing in on 9 years old (yikes!), we have 2 dogs, and a small flock of chickens.

The dogs are Mickey, a miniature French poodle we inherited from my mother, and Skipper, a Newfoundland puppy we got last August.  Mickey's somewhere around 18 years old now and thinks Skipper's an abomination.  Skipper, on the other hand, is five-and-a-half months old  and would love to play with Mickey.  Unfortunately Mickey weighs about 10 pounds and Skipper's 75+ pounds and has no idea of how big he is, the doof.  Since we'd really rather not have a Mickey pancake, we have to keep them separated.

Some news on the writing front:  my third book, Bard's Oath, is coming out on November 27th!   For the first time, one of my books will be available as an e-book as well at the traditional hardcover.  Bob Eggleton did the cover and I think it's gorgeous.


 

 




3 comments:

  1. Hi, I know someone who really loved your books and is trying to contact you. I looked online but there seemed to be no information. Is there a way for them to contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Just Thrilled I found that Bards Oath was released just before going on vacation! Cant wait to start reading it (after I re-read the first two again ;) )

    Nice looking Newfie Pupp you have .. they are great dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from 2019! I originally read the first two Dragonlord books around 2000ish and loved them. I recently rediscovered them, and was delighted to find Bard's Oath! Bought all three on e-book and devoured them. Wonderful books. I hope you are well, and hope you're still writing.

    ReplyDelete